Meditation mat zabuton
Non-EU delivery time: 3 - 14 working days
Stop feeling edgy or agitated and find your calmness and quietness on Samarali Zabuton Meditation Mat.
• The mat is filled with recycled wool, and other sustainable fabric, such as leftovers, end bits, or cutting scraps that otherwise would’ve gone to the trash, all collected from several factories in India.
• Being made from 50% recycled wool, 25% recycled cotton, 15% recycled acrylic, and 10% recycled polyester makes this product eco-friendly.
• The meditation mat gives perfect support to the practice of seated meditation. The traditional combination of zafu and zabuton is the most popular, time-tested support for sitting practice.
• Available in 7 different colors and with beautiful embroidery on the side of the mat that makes your Zabuton unique.
- Size: 90 x 70 x 5 cm (width x length x height)
- Weight: 3.12 kg
- Fabric is made from 100% organic cotton (GOTS certified)
- Has 2 layers, a sturdy outer layer for durability & inner cotton fabric
- Care instruction is provided in the label of the mat
Sitting comfortably is one of the main requirements to enter a deep state of meditation. Your mind stops feeling agitated, and your body is not tense or tired.
So finding a comfortable sitting position, where the body is at ease, is very important.
|Dimensions||90 × 70 × 5 cm|
Denim Blue, Green, Grey, Navy Blue, Orange, Purple, Red
Retains your warmth
ALLOWS YOU TO RELAX
100% ORGANIC COTTON
Sitting on a Zabuton meditation mat gives your hips extra height, allowing your pelvis to tilt forward and your spine to maintain its natural curves.
When your spine is in its natural curves, it supports itself. Then there’s no need to use muscular energy to sit up straight.
The other benefit of an easeful sitting posture is that when you’re not using your core muscles to hold you up, your breath can flow more easily. This also helps you maintain your energy while sitting.
A Zabuton mat is exceptionally versatile as it can be used on its own to sit cross-legged to meditate or be paired with other meditation props to create a more comfortable practice.
Why buy a meditation mat?
A Zabuton meditation mat provides extra support to your knees, lower legs, and ankles. In addition, a meditation mat in a room adds to the atmosphere and makes it even more appealing to meditate.
Supporting your Zafu pillow with a Zabuton mat adds another element of ease to your sitting practice.
When you sit, especially for longer periods, the bones in your feet and ankles can grind into a hard floor.
Placing a zabuton underneath your zafu eliminates this problem. It also adds an extra layer of insulation if you’re sitting in a room with a rather cold floor.
Material and filling
Our Meditation mats are filled with felt sheets of recycled wool fibers.
Wool adds loft for comfort and resilience for sitting in meditation. Yogis have recommended wool for meditation through the ages for the insulation it provides from subtle energies emanating from the earth, which tend to hold consciousness down.
It has been found that wool meditation mats allow for greater circulation to keep the legs and feet from falling asleep.
Lightweight and durable
Wool fiber lasts longer than most other fibers because it has a natural crimp acting like a spring, constantly flexing and returning to its original shape. It is lightweight, comfortable, and resilient.
Our renewable eco-wool comes from leftovers of Indian factories.
It saves a significant amount of water, reduces land use for sheep grazing, and avoids using chemicals for dyeing.
The outer and the inner fabrics of our Zabuton meditation mats are made of 100% organic cotton (GOTS certified).